Sources of statistical information:ACYS: Youth Facts and Stats
Care & protection / abuse:
- Australian Bureau of Statistics: Crime and justice: National Centre for Crime and Justice Statistics
- Australian Institute of Criminology
- NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research
- Office of Economic and Statistical Research (Queensland)
South Australian Office of Crime Statistics and Research (OCSAR)
- Parliament of Australia: Parliamentary Library: Monthly statistical bulletin
- Links from the National Library of Australia
- Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR)
- Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs (FAHCSIA)
Health & Safety
Australian Institute for Health and Welfare
Research Centre for Injury Studies, Flinders University
Child and Youth Health (South Australia)
- ABS: Australian Social Trends:
2008, Cat no.4102.0, Australian Social Trends.
- Australian Research Online (ARROW Discovery Service)
- See the list of international sources on the ABS website.
Statistics New Zealand
OECD Health Data 2006
- See list of youth research centres on the ACYS website.
State youth affairs bodies are listed on the Australian Youth Forum website.
Youth in general
Australian Clearinghouse for Youth Studies
National Youth Week
- Profile of young Australians: Facts, figures and issues Foundation for Young Australians, 2004 information.
Brotherhood of St Laurence: Social Barometer series: The Brotherhood's Social Barometer: Challenges facing Australian youth (PDF file)